Baked Apples with Puhoi Valley Greek Style Yoghurt
Cooking apples, cored
Sultanas or raisins
Ground cinnamon or mixed spice
Puhoi Valley Greek Style yoghurt
- Preheat the oven to 190°C. Butter an ovenproof dish or use baking paper to line the dish. Use a dish that fits the apples snuggly.
- Place the cored apples in the prepared dish. Mix together the butter, sultanas or raisins, brown sugar and spice. Fill mixture into the apples, piling the filling up.
- Rub a little extra butter over the skin of each apple, if you wish. Pour about ½ cup water in around the base of the apples, then place in the oven and bake for 45-60 minutes until the apples are very soft.
- Delicious served warm with Puhoi Greek Style yoghurt drizzled on top.
- The Granny Smith with its glossy green skin and crisp, tart, white flesh that collapses a little during cooking is the perfect apple to use for baked apples. Braeburn are a good variety of apple here too.
- If you have an apple corer, you will find it simple to remove the core from each apple, if not, then use a small, serrated knife to cut and scoop it out. You can use a variety of fillings to stuff your apples – you will need no more than one tablespoon of mixture to fill each apple.