Puhoi Valley Half & Half, or more if required
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Place a shallow baking tray in the oven to catch any drips.
- Rub the inside of a small, deep baking dish (one that will hold at least 3 layers of potatoes) with the butter.
- Thinly slice the potatoes (about the thickness of a gold coin). Arrange slices in the dish, seasoning each layer with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Arrange the top layer in overlapping rows.
- Whisk the flour into the Puhoi Valley Half & Half and pour into the side of the dish of potatoes. The level of Puhoi Valley Half & Half should come nearly to the top of the potatoes.
- Cover with a piece of baking paper then place in the oven on the baking tray. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove the baking paper and continue baking uncovered for a further 30 minutes until the potatoes are beautifully tender and the top golden.