Puhoi Valley Half & Half Seafood Chowder
Serves 4 - 6
frozen seafood marinara mix
mussels (remove beards and scrub shells)
bacon rashers, finely chopped
red capsicum, finely chopped
small onion, finely chopped
Puhoi Valley Half & Half
spring onions, finely chopped
parsley, freshly chopped
- Defrost the seafood mix in the fridge overnight.
- Add mussels to a large saucepan of boiling water, reduce heat, cover, and simmer for about two minutes or until shells have opened. Remove mussel meat from shells.
- Heat butter in another saucepan and ad bacon, red capsicum and onion. Cook over medium heat for five minutes.
- Add flour and stir for one minute. Remove from the heat and gradually stir in Half & Half and fish stock. Add potatoes and stir over high heat until mixture boils and thickens.
- Reduce heat, and simmer for five minutes so the potatoes cook and if it gets too thick add a little fish stock or water.
- Add marinara mix, chopped mussels, spring onions and parsley. Reheat mixture without boiling.
- Cook's tip: add corn, peas and mixed vegetables to this chowder if you desire.