Puhoi Valley Profiteroles
about 30 choux
Puhoi Valley Spiced White Chocolate Milk Pastry Cr
Puhoi Valley Spiced White Chocolate Milk
Puhoi Spiced White Chocolate Milk and Dark Chocola
Dark chocolate, broken into small pieces
Puhoi Spiced White Chocolate Milk, plus extra if needed to thin
- Make the choux pastry:
- Preheat the oven to 190°C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Sift the flour, with a pinch of salt, on to a sheet of paper. Place the butter and water in a saucepan over gentle heat. When the butter has melted, bring the water to the boil, remove from the heat and straight away tip in all the flour. Quickly beat until smooth and the mixture leaves the side of the saucepan. Leave for 2-3 minutes to cool a little.
- Add the eggs, a little at a time, to the mixture, beating well between additions. (An electric mixer is good here). If your eggs are large you may need to hold a little back. Beat until the choux pastry is smooth and shiny and holds its shape.
- Pipe choux on to the baking tray in balls the size of a small egg or use a dessertspoon to do this. Smooth the tops if necessary with a wet finger. Sprinkle a tiny amount of water over the choux pastry as this helps with the rising.
- Place in the oven, increase the oven temperature to 200°C and bake for 25-30 minutes until puffed, browned and crisp. Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack. Make an incision in the side of each choux bun to release the steam.
- Make the Puhoi Spiced White Chocolate Milk Pastry Cream:
- Place the Puhoi Spiced White Chocolate Milk in a heavy-based saucepan and bring up to boiling point. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Place the egg yolks, sugar and cornflour into a bowl and mix until creamy. Pour in the Puhoi Spiced White Chocolate Milk, then return to the rinsed-out saucepan. Place over medium heat and cook until the pastry cream thickens, stirring continuously. Remove from the heat and beat until smooth. Place in a bowl, cover to prevent a skin forming and leave to cool. When cold, fold in the whipped cream to lighten.
- Make the Puhoi Spiced White Chocolate Milk and Dark Chocolate Sauce:
- Place all the ingredients in a small heavy-based saucepan, over low heat. Gently melt until smooth. Add extra Puhoi Spiced White Chocolate Milk if the sauce is a little too thick.
- To assemble:
- Fill the choux buns with the Puhoi Spiced White Chocolate Milk Pastry Cream and place on a serving platter. Drizzle over the Puhoi Spiced White Chocolate Milk and Dark Chocolate Sauce.