Puhoi Valley Spiced White Chocolate Milk Bread and Butter Pudding
Raisins or sultanas
Brandy or Grand Marnier
Puhoi Valley Spiced White Chocolate
Vanilla bean, split
zest of ½ lemon
2 - 3
Large croissants, split in half and cut into triangle
- Place the raisins or sultanas in a small bowl with the brandy. Cover and leave to soften for 30 minutes.
- Place the Puhoi Spiced White Chocolate Milk in a saucepan with the vanilla bean and lemon zest. Place over a medium heat and bring almost up to boiling point. Remove from the heat and set aside to infuse.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Lightly grease a medium-sized ovenproof dish.
- Use three-quarters of the butter to lightly butter the pieces of croissant. Place half in the ovenproof dish in overlapping rows and scatter over half the raisins or sultanas.
- Beat together the egg and caster sugar. Add the infused Puhoi Spiced White Chocolate Milk (remove vanilla bean, wash, dry and keep for another use).
- Pour half over the croissant in the ovenproof dish. Place over the remaining pieces of croissant, raisins or sultanas and pour in remaining Puhoi Spiced White Chocolate mixture. Dot remaining butter over, scatter over demerara sugar and grate over a little nutmeg.
- Leave to stand for 20 minutes.
- Place bread and butter pudding in a roasting dish. Pour in enough boiling water to come at least halfway up the sides of the dish. Place in the oven and cook for 25 minutes or until the custard is just set. Remove from the oven and the water bath and stand for 10 minutes before serving.