Potato, Bacon & Puhoi Valley Double Cream Brie Bake
Puhoi Valley Double Cream Brie
butter for greasing
salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Peel the potatoes and cut into ½ cm thick slices. Cut the bacon into large dice, cut the brie into large chunks (including the rind) and peel the onion and chop finely.
- Put potatoes into large saucepan and cover with cold water. Add 1 tsp salt and bring to a gentle boil. Reduce heat and simmer until just tender (around 10 minutes). Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook the onion gently for 5 minutes in the vegetable oil. Add the chopped bacon and cook another 5 minutes, until onion and bacon are golden.
- Grease an oven-proof dish, large enough for all the ingredients.
- Layer half the potatoes in the bottom of the dish and season with salt and black pepper. Place half the onion & bacon mixture on top followed by half the cheese. Layer the remaining potatoes on top, season and follow with the remaining onion, bacon and cheese.
- Pour the cream over the top and bake on 180°C for 20 minutes, or until top is golden brown and the cream is bubbling.
- Allow to rest a few minutes then serve hot with a green salad and fresh crusty bread.