Cauliflower & Puhoi Valley Kawau Blue Cheese
1 (approx 500g)
medium sized cauliflower, separated into florets
1 ½ cups
fresh white breadcrumbs or panko crumbs
Puhoi Valley Kawau Blue Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Lightly grease a medium-sized gratin dish.
- Cook the cauliflower florets in plenty of lightly salted boiling water for about 4 minutes, or until bite-tender. Drain well and set aside
- In a medium-sized heavy-based saucepan, melt the butter over a low heat then stir in the flour to form a roux. Allow roux to cook gently, stirring continuously until lightly golden.
- Add milk and cream to roux, about a cup at a time. Whisk continuously, until all the milk and cream have been added. Cook until the sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the grated cheese and season with salt. Stir in the cooked cauliflower.
- Spoon into the gratin dish and top with breadcrumbs and crumbled Puhoi Valley Kawau Blue cheese.
- Place on a shallow oven tray in the oven and cook until golden and bubbling hot.